I am currently seeking part/time freelance graphic and web design work. I would also consider a full time position if the right opportunity arose. I am seeking to work with Drupal focused web development firms. I am interested in establishing long-term arrangements.
I am a web designer and graphic geek based in Venezuela most of the year and summers in the Northeast of the United States, Connecticut specifically.
- I am a talented themer. I have advanced skills in CSS, usability, and accessibility.
- I follow web standards with a balanced methodology weighed against business needs.
- I am addicted to graphic design, web design, and I am fascinated with the CMS Drupal.
- I have experience designing logos, banners, corporate identities, and websites as an integrated brand package.
- I am a novice programmer, novice meaning I can cut and paste php and maybe add an if statement.
- I work well under aggressive deadlines in a collaborative work environment
|Date of Birth:||04/30/1976|
|Nationality:||American. I am a United States citizen.|
|Marital status:||I am married. My wife Karen is from Venezuela.|
|Children:||One handsome baby boy, named Daniel.|
|Email:||sean at connectioncube dot com|
|Phone:||001 (860) 748 - 4771|
|Graphic Design:||Websites, Templates, Logos, Corporate Branding|
|Applications:||The usual suspects are: Mail, Skype, Chat, Coda, Journaler, and the Adobe Creative Suite.|
|Operating Systems:||I'm comfortable on a PC, but I'm a Mac enthusiast.|
|Content Management Systems:||Drupal (recommended), Joomla, Zen-Cart|
|Code Expert:||xhtml, css|
|Copy and Pasting Usable Snippets:||PHP, especially in Drupal.|
Other Skills & Experience
- Advanced ability with xhtml, css, accessibility, usability, and standards validation
- Understanding of web technologies and interest in open-source software
- Ability to learn skills and knowledge quickly, independently, and thoroughly
- Communication skills with call center and sales work experience
- Love for making attractive website templates and translating them into drupal
- Strong graphic design skills and training
- Active member of drupal.org
- Managed website development projects
- Created unique web designs and graphics
- Utilized content management systems, especially Drupal
- Conducted client meetings and produced sales
- Worked in high volume inbound call center
- Transacted annuity account transfers
- Received my Series 6 Licence
- Trained in Annuities
- Promoted to Annuity Death Benefit special team
- Created Annuity Death Benefit intranet
- Sold yellow page advertising
- Renewed and upgraded existing accounts
- Cold called potential customers via phone and in person
- Designed advertisements for sales presentations
- Finalized advertisements for technical specifications
- Tutored coworkers on Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Redesigned over 300 page product catalog
- Assisted in Printing and Binding Catalog in-house
- Photographed Products Digitally and Prepared
- Independently worked as only designer directly supervised by Owner
- Utilized Photoshop, Illustrator, QuarkExpress, Dreamweaver, HTML, and CSS
- Utilized Indexing Feature in QuarkXpress for over 1000 products
- Created company website and online catalog
- I read a lot. Sometimes novels, magazines, or books.
- I watch movies and a handful of TV shows.
- I mostly read feeds about graphic design, web design, and drupal.
- I am currently studying php and drupal.
- I enjoy traveling and outdoor activities.
- I like roller blading, bike riding, and basketball.
- I enjoy family barbecues, outings, and activities.
- I love buying cute baby stuff for my son.
|Spanish:||Broken, its a wonder I can order a café con leche at the local panadaría.|
Website Work Descriptions
www.prosopo.com, This is a web design and development company. I currently do freelance work for them. I created their logo, corporate identity, website template design, all the graphics on the website, and I developed the website in Drupal. It has a lot of customization in it. I also handled the configuration and I provide ongoing maintenance, training, and support. Prosopo regularly works with me to design websites and graphics for their customers. You'll notice some of my work in their Portfolio as well.
www.newvintageprint.net, This print company needed their existing site moved over to Drupal. I translated their existing tables based design over to proper standards based html/css. Then I created the template files in Drupal and setup the needed modules and configuration. I spent some time with nice menus module getting the drop down navigation to function.
www.sophiacamejo.com, I designed the graphic template and xhtml/css for this website. Then I developed the website in Drupal based on that template. I placed the client's photography on the website and configured Drupal for client use.
www.bedrock-tech.com, I used a rockettheme template as a base for this project. I replaced a lot of the graphics that make up this design with custom images. The website has some fun elements, like slide shows and scrolling rss feeds. The client also needed some elaborate forms. I utilized a mountain climbing theme throughout the website, symbolizing achievement, for this technology placement agency.
www.socalkb.com, Another Designer created the graphic website template. I built the website website in Joomla. I created the slide show graphics that rotate at the top of the page. I installed and configured the needed modules. For example, a gallery that the customer can update with photos of their most recent kitchen designs.
www.reeltalent.org, I designed three graphic website templates in Fireworks. I also used illustrator and Photoshop a bit as well. The client chose the template used on the live site. A different web developer is handling all the coding for this project.
Links to More Portfolio Work
Freelance Web Designer, Connection Cube
Venezuela and US, 2/2007 to Now
Customer Service, The Hartford
Simbury, CT, 9/2005 - 1/2007
Account Executive, TransWestern Publishing and Yellowbook
Newington, CT, 3/2005 - 9/2005
Graphic Designer, Darcy Saw
South Windsor, CT, 6/2003 - 3/2005
Note: I worked in a variety of jobs throughout college as well. I waited tables, performed office work, was a resident assistant, created ad designs for school newspaper, did landscaping, and other odd jobs. I worked in a call center as a customer service representative at Verizon Wireless. I also traveled to Europe and South America.
Study Abroad, University of Central Lancashire
Preston UK, 1997 - 1998
Related Courses Completed:
Graphic Information Design (I-IV), Digital Imaging (I & II) Character Animation, 3-D Design, Marketing, Drawing (I & II), Graphic Information Design MA Level (I & II), Creative Writing, Illustration, B & W Photography, Technical Writing